Havaiki Nui

The Sacred Island, Home to the Hawiians and Maori's, and most of all..... Home to me and my family.... Gonna be Stuff, all sorts of Stuff and even a few choice photos that I feel the world should see...

Sunday, December 03, 2006

I Thought That I Had Heard Everything

But Lookie What I found tonight!!!

'Boston Globe': Head of American Legion Lies About Being Vietnam Veteran Published: December 03, 2006 6:05 PM ET
BOSTON The national commander of the American Legion never served in Vietnam although he describes himself as a "Vietnam veteran," a newspaper reported Sunday.

Paul A. Morin, who was elected Aug. 31 to a one-year term as commander of the nation's largest veterans organization, spent his time in the Army from 1972 to 1974 at Fort Dix, N.J., The Boston Sunday Globe reported.

I guess they take us for fools, Honor means nothing to some of these feather merchant sons of bitches...

Here's the link to the full article http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003467772

5 Comments:

At 03:44, Blogger Chuck said...

WHAT A FUCKING BAG OF SHIT! That explains why this ass wipe supported the non-veteran against Tammy Duckworth in her election. Just doesn't get any better.

 
At 09:47, Blogger Jo said...

Damn Chief, I didn't know you wuz blogging!

Welcome to Blogtopia! (Yes, as usual I'm a day late, a peso short and missed the last liberty boat to the brow).

Jo

 
At 16:40, Blogger Maheanuu Tane said...

Dat you Jo Fish???

 
At 14:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.

So why have the sheep stopped coming by moderates blog ? Has the wolf scared them way

I think I will have some chianti with those fava beans

 
At 08:15, Blogger --mf said...

Well, Chief, "technically" he didn't lie... We weren't out of Vietnam until '74, and he's probably got his geedunk National Service Ribbon.

I could "technically" call myself a Gulf War Veteran, although I was never in theater.

Still, he probably scored up a boatload of votes from Vietnam Veterans based on his stretching o' the Truth. It IS false advertising.

It's like George calling himself a Vietnam Veteran.

I gave up on the American Legion five years ago.

I stick with the DAV... It's more fitting to me.

Glad to have found your place. I wouldn't have known you were here if Praxxus hadn't listed you in the Bartcop Bloggers list at the newly redecorated BCForum.

And LOOK! Fish has just found ya, too!

I'll blogroll you straight-away to my blog.

-- Monkeyfister
(LI3, USN, ret.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home